Wilczy Szaniec is a bunker town surrounded by forest, lakes and marshes. This is the largest and most recognizable headquarters of Adolf Hitler, which was in use from 1941 to 1945. Wolf’s Lair is located in the heart of Masuria in the north of Poland and is a great tourist attraction, visited by almost a quarter of a million tourists a year. Bunkers still hide many puzzles and impress with their size, scale and solidity.
Hence, Adolf Hitler coordinated Operation Barbarossa (attack on the USSR) and here he made key decisions in managing the German war machine. Herman Goering, Martin Bormann, Wilhelm Keitel and Alfred Jodl also had their quarters here. Here also took place one of the many attacks on Hitler, which was carried out in July 1944.
- trip duration – 10h
- suggested departure time – 08:00 A.M.
- opening hours in the summer season from 08:00 A.M. to 08:00 P.M., in the winter season from 08:00 A.M. to 04:00 P.M.
- tour ticket prices:
Normal ticket – 15 PLN
Concession ticket – 10 PLN
Free admission for children under 6 years old
- upon prior reservation it is possible to rent a guide for an additional fee, its price depends on the size of the group
- Group up to max. 3 people – Mercedes E Class w213 sedan – 325 Euro
- Group up to max. 7 people – Mercedes V Class minivan – 350 Euro
The price includes:
- private transport from a hotel or anywhere in Gdansk, Sopot or Gdynia, free time to explore the Wolf’s Lair and return transport
- a well-mannered, elegant and English-speaking driver with all licenses and permissions
- water and Wi-Fi
- passenger insurance
- taxes, highway, parking lots, etc.
The price does not include:
- admission tickets
- guide fees